First impressions are everything, and the weather being hot doesn’t mean you should slack on looking nice. Now, unless you’re going to an event that requires it, no one is expecting you to wear a suit and tie, but it’s still easy to look stylish no matter how busy you are. Whether you’re heading out to the bar or getting ready for date night, these summer outfit ideas are simple and sure to make your first impression a good one.
- Unbuttoned Button-Up: A button-up can take almost any outfit and make it look fashionable, no matter whether or not you actually button the shirt. If you’re going out with some friends, throw a button-up on over a T-shirt and pair it with chinos and loafers. This will give you a nice, casual look. Keep the shades of your outfit in mind as well.
- Elevated Jeans and T-Shirt: This is perfect for running errands or going for a quick walk. While falling into the thought process of your appearance not mattering while running errands is a slippery slope to fall down, keep in mind that you never know who you’ll run into out on the street. Elevated jeans, a T-shirt, and a nice jacket will make you look casual, yet trendy.
- Madras Short Sleeve: Summer gets hot, and sometimes anything with sleeves is just too much. Luckily, your options aren’t limited due to a lack of sleeves. Take out a short-sleeve madras shirt, pair it with dark shorts and white sneakers, and you’ll be set.
- Low Contrast Casual: Sometimes, you don’t have to put much work into your outfit at all to be stylish. A casual look of a T-shirt, shorts, and white sneakers is perfect for hot summer days, whether you’re going out for the night or walking along the boardwalk on the beach. Low contrast hues, such as with a yellow shirt and khaki shorts, make this look work beautifully.
- Modern Classic: If you’re going out on a breezy summer night, grab a tan jacket, yellow T-shirt, light wash jeans, and white sneakers. The look is a classic and, like with the above, the low contrast between the tan, blue, and yellow work to make you stand out (and give you visual height).